What Happened to Classic Cinema Online???

FaceBook  Twitter

Hello.

Yes, I admit it. Classic Cinema Online has been sorely neglected over the last two years, and everyone is wondering what the heck happened.

Well, I'll tell ya - I'm not one to get personal on this site, but I must admit to being a red blooded American female who - uh - got a little distracted by a man.

That distraction is now not as much of a distraction as he used to be, so now I can regain my composure and focus again and breathe some new life into Classic Cinema Online.

WHAT'S NEW?

No doubt you've noticed the comment chat is gone. God bless the cbox folks - I really like them - but I have to cut all the money corners I can, so I'm replacing cbox with comments. This will allow people to comment independently on any movie they see or any article they read. It will allow people to interact with each other, as well.

And that's really the only real new thing for this site, but I do have plans to revamp Boris Wulfe's Creepy Classics and Classic Television Online.

MOVIES THAT WON'T PLAY

I'm so sorry about that! Often a movie that goes up goes back down again without any notice to me, so I will be working on finding all of those that are not playing and taking them off the menu.

IS CLASSIC CINEMA ONLINE FOR SALE?

I had considered putting Classic Cinema Online up for sale, and made an announcement about bidding. I am withdrawing that consideration, at least for now, and will no longer accept any bids. Should I decide later to put this site on the market, the bidding process will start anew.

Well, that's it for now - if anyone has any questions, concerns, or ideas, feel free to voice those here. Thanks so much for your patience!

Comments

+1 # Bill 2015-12-09 13:34
Damn men, we're all alike :lol:
+2 # Scott 2015-12-13 15:35
The clocks were cool. Will they be back?
0 # E.B.B. 2016-07-12 17:12
Quoting Scott:
The clocks were cool. Will they be back?

Clocks? There were clocks? Ooooh, and gears, too?
+5 # ClassicCinemaOnline 2015-12-17 16:36
Hi Scott - glad you liked the clocks. I'll be happy to bring those back. :-)

Bill - I'm laughing!
0 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:09
I lost my clock code - haven't had time to rebuild it yet - just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten.
0 # Scott 2016-05-22 19:40
Thanks for the update Sandra.
+1 # Bill 2015-12-25 06:21
You should go through these movies and take down the ones that don't work for various reasons.
0 # Classic Cinema Online 2015-12-25 12:16
Thanks Bill - we've been doing that a little at a time, but will be making a more concentrated effort over this next week.

Merry Christmas!
+2 # Love Those Movies 2015-12-28 15:35
I put the link to your website on my profile page. Hope this sends you some traffic.
Bill ;-)
0 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:10
Thanks so much!
0 # Bill 2015-12-29 15:25
Do you remember Zontar The Thing From Venus? Do you remember that this movie was so bad it was good? LOL :D Remember how everyone laughed and joke about it? We sure had a good time with it. Maybe the Cbox people will come back. :roll:
0 # Classic Cinema Online 2015-12-29 16:00
We are planning on bringing cbox back at a later time. :-) And I loved that movie! Will check on it's availability and replay it soon.
+1 # Love Those Movies 2015-12-30 07:35
You can copy it from my web page here :cry: https://archive.org/details/ZontarTheThingFromVenusRestored1966
0 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:07
Thanks!
-1 # Love Those Movies 2016-01-08 09:20
Hey, where is everyone? :sad:
0 # David 2016-01-08 13:44
How about reloading all the serials? There's nothing there!
0 # Love Those Movies 2016-01-08 20:18
There are some serials there, just not many
+3 # Classic Cinema Online 2016-01-09 17:50
Hey everyone - thanks for your comments.

Classic Cinema Online is undergoing some back-end improvements at the moment, and as soon as we've finished those we'll be working more on the front-end stuff.

We will be updating the serials and fixing all the broken links, and also have plans for a Roku channel, a mobile and Windows 10 app, and more. We'll also be bringing back the cbox chat and the clocks in a few weeks.

It's been a slow process, but we're finally starting to make some headway. Thanks for hanging in there with us. :-)
0 # Scott 2016-01-14 11:54
Thank you for the update.
+1 # Love Those Movies 2016-01-22 11:08
It sure is slow these days :P
0 # Todd 2016-03-02 22:33
Glad you had time to put the Christmas movies like Scrooge 1951 up during December . Watching scrooge is a ritual the past five years for me.
0 # Glen 2016-03-03 17:07
I take it that's why I have been having trouble with some of the links on my new android tv box?
0 # JohnKMazzie 2016-03-07 16:11
I recently "cut the cord" and wanted to know if Classic Cinema Online is available for streaming through Fire TV..? If so, what are the steps..?
0 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:06
I'm sorry that we are not available through that resource that I know of. I will have to look that up and see what it would take to do that.

Same with Roku. I get numerous requests for streaming via different avenues.
0 # JoeParso 2016-03-10 16:35
I really love these old movies especially the Burn "Em up Barnes" serials. So thankful that stream works. I cut the cord ad got our family an Android box. I wouldn't have found "Classic Cinema" without it. On a VERY SERIOUS note... 8 of the 10 movies I try to watch won't open. PLEASE help preserve our older movies and make them available for all. I don't know of any other sources for these great classics. I really love watching these with my daughter. Thank you for all your hard work. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
0 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:04
So sorry about that! Will be focusing more on fixing those - I have tons of work yet to do on the site. Thanks for hanging in there for me and letting me know about those.

Glad you are enjoying the movies and serials - these are gems that I hope will be preserved and enjoyed indefinitely. Thanks so much for your comment. :-)
-1 # Bill 2016-03-19 10:45
Are you still there Sandra or did you find another man? :lol:
0 # Bill 2016-04-01 06:11
Will the forums ever come back? :-|
+1 # Sandra Says.... 2016-04-01 21:01
Hi, Bill - lol - sorry for the delayed response. I'm still here - and obviously still distracted by that man.

It's kind of a romantic story - we met up after 35 years (we went to high school together) and the next thing we knew we were up to our eyeballs in wedding plans.

We were married in a lovely little ceremony in a big huge (and GORGEOUS) Gothic looking chapel in Colorado Springs, CO.

About the forums, funny you should ask, because I was actually thinking about that just yesterday. I am also considering bringing the chatbox back. Or some form of it.

Still working on some back end stuff while rebuilding Classic Cinema Online's sibling sites, Classic Television Online and Creepy Classics Online.

Hopefully I can get all that moving faster in the near future. I'm a little on the slow side these days.
+1 # Bill 2016-04-04 12:49
I wasn't sure if I should bring this up again. The last time you and I had quite a row about it, :cry: but I figured that maybe things are different now since you are married :-) and it has been several years ago. By the way I forgot to say congrats.

Some other websites like StageVu, which is now apparently down and may be gone for good this time, host their own videos on their own video servers. But you use YouTube, which to me is a waste and leaves you subject to their whims, whether you live or die.

No matter what you choose my offer still stands. I have thousands of movies available on my 4TB movie drive however you will have to edit them to see which ones you want and are legal for you to show. If you send me a drive of compatible size I would be willing to transfer my movies to it and send it back to you so you could either start your own video servers or put the ones you want on YouTube and then post it on your own website.

I usually find and download 10 to 50 new movies a week or I find the same ones that I already have in better quality and replace them. I found some movies this week that I didn't even know existed.

Let me know what you decide.
0 # E.B.B. 2016-07-12 17:20
[quote name="Sandra Says...."] I'm still here - and obviously still distracted by that man.

Congratulations--I am so very happy for you! That's a great reason to be a little slow on a website! I very much enjoy tgecservice that you provide her. Thanks for sharing.
0 # E.B.B.provide here 2016-07-12 17:22
Here, here, not her. :oops: We need an edit button :sigh:
+2 # Bill 2016-04-02 09:52
We are all a little slower these days. I have slowed up a lot since I was moderator on the forum, that was a long time ago. It would be good to bring back the chat box. It was real time sort of and we could see how many people were online. Everything takes time but constant plugging away at it eventually shows results.

Good luck :-)
0 # LouVictoriaBC 2016-07-05 16:42
Quoting Bill:

Good luck :-)

Hello Bill! My email is [edited by site administration] and I am looking for a couple of films for my film studies class that I am teaching this fall and next winter. Would you please get in touch with me as I really need some help! Thanks also to Sandra for your super cool websites...wish the TV one was working better! Cheers, from Canada...Lou

FROM THE WEBMASTER: Sorry, Lou - I needed to edit out your email address. We have a policy of not posting email addresses in public on the comments or chat (when it is up and running) as part of our quest to fight spam.
+1 # Bill 2016-07-12 17:29
Sandra must be asleep at the switch. She never lets an email address stay up this long. You are lucky.
0 # S a n d r a 2016-07-14 23:39
:zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :-* lol! You're so right, Bill. I guess I've been a little distracted lately. lol!

Been busy rebuilding Classic Television Online and Creepy Classics Online. :-)
0 # Bill 2016-07-15 14:09
Quoting S a n d r a:

Been busy rebuilding Classic Television Online and Creepy Classics Online. :-)

Can't wait for Creepy Classics to be up and running. Love those campy ones :eek:
0 # S a n d r a 2016-07-15 15:11
You can enjoy the new version as it is being built by accessing http://creepyclassicsonline.net

After it is finished it will be moved over to .com. Until then, both .com and .net are up and running. They just have different stuff on there. :-)
0 # Bill 2016-07-15 17:46
Great stuff! I went to http://creepyclassicsonline.net and love the front page. It is colorful and alive (with spooks) LOL. Will be watching for more. Good work.
0 # Bill 2016-07-15 17:39
I am not sure if this is connected to Lou's post and email that he addresses to me or not. However I did respond and never heard from him. I just received this in the email. Just a coincidence I don't know. Any Ideas?
Notice of Data Breach
You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving VerticalScope. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you. VerticalScope owns and operates a number of community websites. You are receiving this email because you are a registered user of the following community website(s) involved in the data breach:
www.avsforum.com
What Happened?
0 # Bill 2016-07-15 17:42
The email was to long to post but if others sent Lou an email your might be getting the rest of the warning.
0 # S a n d r a 2016-07-15 18:19
Do you want to forward that email to me? and I will be happy to look into that.

It sounds, from what you posted, like whatever site he owned may have been hacked into?
0 # Bill 2016-07-15 19:44
OK, it's on its way. Thanks
-1 # MM RAHMAN 2016-07-27 14:41
good
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator
0 # kevin 2016-07-29 16:13
I've tried loading the movies using the "shift" key and clicking on the button! Either the server is really bogged down or the function is broken. So what is the lproblem?
0 # Classic Cinema Online 2016-10-24 21:07
Quoting kevin:

It's because of how many movies we have on the site. My apologies - I do not know how to fix that, but what happens is that it attempts to load ALL the movies which can be heck on your bandwidth.

The easiest thing to do is refresh the page and a new set of posters will generate randomly. Or you can peruse our Movie Billboards menu for all the titles we have showing.

Thanks so much for your comment - my apologies for the delay in answering.
0 # LoveThoseMovies 2016-08-22 09:49
Looking to download Rope of Sand (1949) full movie. Not YouTube crap. If you know of a link of high quality please post it.
Thanks,
LTM
+1 # Luis Carlos Morales Araya 2016-12-11 10:02
Hello friends of Classic Cinema Online, I love their classic movies I see them through Kodi here in San Jose Costa Rica, I do not speak English, but I love the videos and I can understand them little by little. Thanks for having the addons available and updated, pure life !!! Greetings.
0 # Michele 2016-12-18 16:47
Hi
New to your site I was very excited to discover it!
A movie I was watching ended in the middle of the movie. Is that something that happens often?
Thanks, Michele
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Keep it clean, Keep it legal, Keep it happy, Keep it civil; Enjoy your visit, Stay on topic, Make new friends, Don't be myopic.

Oh, and last but not least, no unauthorized advertising. Thanks!

Questions? Send us an email - classiccinemaonline.com@gmail.com

Classic Cinema Online reserves the right to delete any comments for any reason or non-reason whatsoever and without prior notice.

Security code